Hello and welcome! On this page we get up close and personal with the person behind the blog you’ve come to love reading and hopefully getting inspired from. As a blogger I have a myriad of roles from the writer, CEO, Editor-in-Chief, social media strategist and marketing director. I’m pretty much a one-woman show! But after the computer screen closes and the creative juices cool down for the day I can stop being the stylish and creative blogger extraordinaire, curl up on the couch with my hubby and enjoy some quality time with the person and people I love. So without further ado here’s a little about me
Here are a few things you should know:
- I attended Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS (The Little Apple, yes The Little Apple). I graduated and moved to sunny South Florida, where I went on to pursue my master’s degree. I married my best friend and we have a wonderful child by the name of Zeus, our Maltese puppy.
- My favorite animals are dogs, preferably small puppies that I can put in my purse. Lol.
- I absolutely LOVE spending time and going on dates with my husband, like watching a great movie or enjoying a delicious dinner.
- I am an online shopping fanatic, but who isn’t these days, right? My favorite thing to do is to place all the items in my shopping cart, then stare at the screen knowing I can’t purchase them.
- My husband may have to move over sometimes due to my other relationship with my second boyfriend…Pinterest. Check out my can my page @SimplyCarmenRen!
- My favorite person to be around is Adrian (The Hubs).
- I love spending time with my close girlfriends. Whether that be going to brunch or having wine nights. I try to make sure it involves some form of drinking and gabbing.
- I am super close to my family, although we live in separate states.
- I’m a Believer and Follower to Jesus Christ! I loves me some JESUS!
- I absolutely love to travel. Local travel has become something that I prefer over international travel, but that can always change with a free flight to India or Rome. Up next on the travel list: Austin, Colorado, California, and New York.
- One thing that you can definitely catch me doing is pampering myself. “Hair did, nails did, everything did” (in my Drake voice).
- My favorite sports teams, starting with baseball, will always be my hometown team the Kansas City Royals; Golden State Warriors for basketball (primarily because of Ayesha Curry); and due to my husbands excessive yelling at the TV when something goes wrong with these guys, the Dallas Cowboys.
- My celebrity girl crush is definitely Ayesha Curry. We’re secretly best friends in my head. My husband says I have a problem, but he doesn’t know Ayesha like I do. Lol. She’s just a classy lady who I admire.
- My favorite TV Show is Fixer Upper hosted by the amazing couple Chip & Joanna Gaines. I have been trying to convince my husband that we should move to Waco, TX just so she can build my dream home. I think I am wearing him down…No, he’s still not convinced.
- My favorite jewelry to wear is anything from Kendra Scott. I love all her pieces. If not Ms. Scott anything crafted and/or created from wonderful small business owners on Etsy.
- Heels or Flats? Definitely flats but if I am going out at night to SLAY then heels or wedges are a must.
- Big City or Small Town: A happy medium of both! I was raised in the city, but went to college in a small town and loved it! If someone could just create me a town like Bluebell from Hart of Dixie and a house from our friends at Fixer Upper I would die!
- Favorite Music/Musicians: I love all genres except heavy metal. But my favorite musicians that I have on repeat are definitely JohnnySwim and Alessia Cara.
- Large Parties or Small Gatherings: An intimate gathering with friends always warms my heart!
- Favorite dessert: Homemade chocolate chip cookies & vanilla ice cream.
- Favorite Holiday(s): Halloween since I absolutely love dressing up and passing out candy and Christmas because I get to spend time with my family.
- Favorite Season: Fall and living in Miami makes me miss it so much!
- Big Family or Small Family: A big family because I love the babies. Hopefully, one day the hubs and I can plan to have a little cohort or little ones running around!
Now that you basically know everything about me, tell me a little bit about yourself?